2019 Jeep Cherokee vs. 2018 Chevrolet Equinox
SUV shoppers often end up comparing Jeep Cherokee vs. Chevrolet Equinox. When they do, they find that only the Jeep SUV offers:
- Up to 270 hp and 295 lb-ft
- Up to 4,500 lbs. of Towing
- Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist
From state-of-the-art safety technology to audacious power, the Jeep Cherokee feels a class ahead of the Chevy Equinox.
Whether navigating through the city or passing on the highway, you need plenty of power beneath the hood, and Jeep Cherokee engines answer the call:
- 2.4L Four-Cylinder: Makes up to 180 hp and 171 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.2L V6: Makes up to 271 hp and 239 lb-ft of torque.
- 2.0L Turbocharged Four-Cylinder: Makes up to 270 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.
Chevy engines aren’t so potent. You’ll make up to 170 hp as standard and only 252 hp by upgrading.
When asked to think of an SUV ready to brave the outdoors, drivers invariable picture a Jeep over a Chevy. This is a line synonymous with backcountry adventure, so three separate 4×4 systems are offered to the Chevy’s tamer optional all-wheel drive system, including:
- Jeep Active Drive I 4×4 System
- Jeep Active Drive II 4×4 System
- Jeep Active Drive Lock 4×4 System
And when you need to tow anything from a trailer to a motorboat, the Jeep Cherokee will excel above and beyond the Chevy Equinox. Just check out maximum tow ratings:
- Up to 3,500 pounds. with the Chevy Equinox
- Up to 4,500 pounds with the Jeep Cherokee
As standout modern SUVs, both the new Cherokee
and new Chevrolet Equinox carry top-tier technology. That said, the following cutting-edge features are only available with the Jeep:
- 8.4-Inch Touchscreen: Whether checking navigation between Rogers and Anoka or changing your music selection in Coon Rapids, it helps to have a large touchscreen.
- 9-Speaker Sound System: Your available Alpine Premium Sound System delivers a sensational driving soundtrack through a 12-channel 506-watt amplifier, nine speakers, and 8-inch subwoofer.
- Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist: This advanced system can recognize parking spaces and steer you inside as you operate the brake and accelerator.
Drive the 2019 Jeep Cherokee at Cornerstone CDJR
Maybe the Chevy Equinox is fine in isolation, but it pales next to a true class-leader like the Jeep Cherokee. You can also compare the Jeep Cherokee to the Grand Cherokee and apply for financing today to start making the Jeep SUV yours, or feel free to contact us directly if you’d like to find out more or arrange a test drive.