2018 Dodge Charger vs. 2018 Chevrolet Camaro
Power, performance, and design – every reason Anoka drivers choose a muscle car are all present in the 2018 Dodge Charger and the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro. But which one is right for you? While there is no wrong answer, the one you ultimately pick depends on the impression you want to make when you arrive at your favorite Minneapolis restaurant.
Engine Specs and Horsepower
Both the Dodge Charger and the Chevy Camaro offer access to potent powerplants that will have you smiling when you hit the gas:
- The Charger’s base engine is the 3.6L Pentastar V6 which offers up to 300-hp and 264 lb.-ft. of peak torque. Power tops out in the supercharged 6.2L HEMI SRT Hellcat V8 which creates a mind-numbing 707-hp and 650 lb.-ft. of peak torque.
- The Camaro also offers multiple powertrain options starting with the 270-hp 2.0L 4-cylinder base capable of generating 275-hp and 295 lb.-ft. of peak torque. Maximum power is found in the 6.2L V8 powerplant that offers up to 650-hp and 650 lb.-ft. of peak torque.
Both the Dodge and the Chevrolet are designed with the driver’s needs and comfort in mind, featuring a number of systems that make driving a blast:
- The Charger offers drivers options such as a digital driver information gauge cluster for easy access to driving data, as well as the Uconnect 4C system, which provides not only voice recognition and infotainment, but also Dodge Information Pages, a unique system that allows drivers to see how their vehicle is performing and fine tune the ride to their exacting specifications.
- Chevrolet Camaro drivers also have access to a driver-centric gauge cluster that delivers immediate access to the information drivers want now, as well as Chevrolet MyLink infotainment, Bose premium audio, aggressive sport-inspired seating with available leather trim, and much more.
Both performance vehicles allow drivers to create the look they want with exclusive color palettes:
- Dodge drivers have access to 15 heritage-inspired colors including Plum Crazy Pearlcoat, Yellow Jacket Clearcoat, F8 Green, and Go Mango, allowing them to recreate the look and feel of muscle cars from the heyday of Mopar.
- Chevrolet drivers can choose from 9 custom colors to personalize their Camaro, including the exclusive Hyper Blue Metallic, Garnet Red Tintcoat, Summit White, and of course, Nightfall Gray Metallic.
Both the Dodge Charger and the Chevy Camaro deliver the latest in advanced safety equipment, including high-performance brakes, advanced airbags, electronic stability control, rearview camera systems, available blind spot warning, and much more, making them perfect for a day at the track, or a weekend cruising out to Coon Rapids with that special someone.
How Much the Dodge Charger Costs at Cornerstone CDJR
The Charger and the Camaro are designed to be powerful, but also affordable. The Charger has a base price of just $28,995 MSRP, while the Camaro can be had starting at only $25,905, putting them well within the budgets of most Anoka drivers. To learn more, compare the 2019 Charger to the 2020 Camaro, or to schedule a test drive of your favorite trim, get in touch with an associate at your local Cornerstone Automotive showroom today.